TMT (Technology, Media, Telecommunications)
Our practice, which has earned a recommendation from The European Legal 500 (Tier 2), provides a full scale of services both to our TMT clientele and to other notable clients in TMT related legal matters.
Our team has acted for a number of blue-chip clients in the TMT industry, including telecommunication service providers, software and hardware companies applying new generation technologies, e-commerce businesses and media companies (TV and radio broadcasting companies). We are a regular choice for multinational TMT companies seeking advice on Hungarian law, while international law firms often refer their clients to us for Hungarian legal assistance in a wide range of technology, telecommunications, media and e-commerce related matters.
We are frequently instructed on TMT related corporate transactions due to our understanding of the sector, and given that gaming/betting constitutes an important focus for the firm, we are also a natural choice for TMT matters in this industry.
The practice is led by partner Viktor Vasi, who has a wealth of experience in advising TMT clients. Both our senior partners, Zoltán Forgó and Gábor Damjanovic, have significant track records in TMT related corporate transactions, Gábor Damjanovic being the main contact person for on-line gaming matters.
We offer a full scale of services for the TMT industry, including:
- providing regulatory advice in such areas as telecommunication compliance, authority notifications and consultations, preparation of regulatory documents, general terms and conditions and subscription agreements
- assisting in legal disputes in the TMT industry (disputes with regulatory authorities, disputes between service providers, domain name disputes, litigation and arbitration)
- advising on data protection issues, such as corporate data protection policies, employment related data protection matters and cross-border data transfer issues
- advising on IT outsourcing matters, such as outsourcing agreements and disputes arising therefrom
- drafting software related agreements, such as software licence agreements and transfers of software rights.